1. Avoid peak pollen times. If you can stay inside between 10am and 4pm when pollen counts are highest and exercise during off peak hours or train indoors.
2. Take a shower. Pollen can accumulate in your hair and skin. If you take a shower before bed, you may find your sinuses are clearer and you sleep better.
3. Irrigate. Nasal irrigation is a part of daily routine's in India and Southeast Asia. Simply using nasal spray is a great deterrent.
4. Limit your dairy intake. Many doctors believe that dairy products increase mucus production which can agitate allergy symptoms.
5. Anti-inflammation diet. When you are suffering from allergies your nose is already inflamed. Avoid eating foods that will cause more inflammation such as sugar.